Holy cats! There are only two weeks left in October. I’ve been reviewing my 2018 goals and there are many that I’ve CRUSHED and a few that I’ve not done anything with yet. Being in the last quarter of the year puts me into overdrive to make sure I’m doing what I set out to do.
The fall always feels like a fresh start. Summer trips are over, days are shorter and more time is spent inside working, at least that’s how it is in my household. There are only a few months left in the year, so it’s a good time to check in with yourself and see how well (or not) things are going.
Here are some of my personal goals for 2018 and what’s been happening so far!
- Eat vegan– SORTA! I’ve done well at least 90% of the time, which I’m happy about. It’s been a process and I’ve not been perfect. I’ve not done well when traveling and that’s something I need to work on. Avoiding meat has not been a problem, but cheese and other dairy have been harder.
- Train dogs (mainly Caleb)- YES! We took two training classes this year that were so beneficial for all of us. This is a never-ending journey, but we are off to a great start. We will be working with both dogs next year (and forever) to encouraging learning and having fun.
- Travel– YES! Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Colorado, California, South Carolina, Main, and Wisconsin. I have two trips planned so far for 2019 too =)
- Workout routine– SORTA! I started the year really strong. I was working out 2-3 days a week from January to June. I’ve since fallen off the bandwagon.
- Read– YES! I’ve been on track to read about 1-2 books a month this year. I’ve got a huge book list going of things I want to check out from the library too.
- Keep home organized and clean– YES! I’ve been on a good laundry and cleaning schedule all year. I’ve also done a few decluttering and deep cleaning sessions. I’m getting excited to create a comfortable space in our new apartment in a few weeks!
- Stretch every day– NOPE! I could probably count on my hands the number of times I’ve stretched this year. Need to work on this one.
As you can see, I try to set realistic lifestyle goals that will move me towards a life that I enjoy every day. When I do these things, I feel happy and I think that’s what’s most important when it comes to setting goals.
I have also set many other business and financial goals on top of the list above. I feel that overall I’m on a positive track. There are a few of these categories that I haven’t done so hot in, but that’s okay. The year is not over!
In the next month or so, I’m going to be brainstorming ideas for 2019. I think a lot of the goals above will remain on the list, along with a few other things I want to add.
How are you doing on your 2018 goals? Comment below =)
“Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
Thanks for reading,